Each year at the Practical Planned Giving Conference, Crescendo President Charles Schultz discusses the latest innovations. Innovations for 2014 include CresLite, CresPlus, CresVideo, BCL and CresPrint.
1. CresLite is the first planned giving software “on-the-go.” With CresLite you can run a gift annuity, unitrust, annuity trust or other gift planning illustration anywhere at any time from your browser using your PC or MAC, Android or Apple tablet. CresLite illustrations include the persuasive graphics of the desktop Crescendo program. You can save a PDF and print or e-mail it to a donor or professional advisor. CresLite is included with your GiftLegacy Pro subscription and
is also available separately.
2. The Crescendo Plus presentation program has also moved online. GiftLegacy Pro users can now click on CresPlus and download persuasive PowerPoint seminars or donor presentations from the internet. Popular seminar choices include: the Provide and Protect seminar, How to Help Family seminar and the Farm Retirement Plan seminar. CresPlus is another added benefit with GiftLegacy Pro.
3. CresVideo— Crescendo’s Design Team has been busy updating the videos that appear on the GiftLegacy websites. There are video links in three different locations on the websites: The “How and What to Give” pages, the “Learn About Wills” page and the “Plan Your Will” page.
Readers can learn about wills and living trusts by watching a series of simple and diverse instructional videos, located on the “Learn About Wills” page. You can also view a step-by-step video tour of the online Wills Planner on the “Plan Your Will” page.
The third group of new videos are helpful and fun explanations of how and what to give. Readers will enjoy the animated explanations found on the “How to Give” and “What to Give” pages.
4. BCL— All charities should run an annual bequest campaign. To help get you started, we created a comprehensive bequest campaign launch, we call BCL, for all of our new GiftLegacy Pro subscribers. Using Adobe InDesign software, our Design Team will customize a 28-page wills guide, an insert or postcard, a trifold brochure, a mission page, an e-blast and an e-newsletter header. We will even upload these files to your CresManager Literature Section. Subscribers will be able to download native InDesign or PDF files, send them to a professional printer or use their desktop printer to produce the materials. What could be easier? The customized materials will reflect the branding, colors and image of your organization. You may also choose to upload these files to your website for your readers. For ideas regarding bequest campaign strategies, you will find five videos available in the “Wills Campaign Section” of the CresManager that give an overview and explanation of four strategies.
5. CresPrint— We understand gift planners are very busy people; mostly under-staffed, over-worked, and under-funded—but never unappreciated! We wanted to provide an easy, complete solution for the print marketing needs of organizations both big and small, and all those in-between.
To help get you started, we created BCL—a customized multichannel marketing campaign for bequests. Within the CresManager, we provide hundreds of royalty-free PDFs formatted to print from your desktop printer.
For those fortunate enough to have more resources, we provide hundreds of native InDesign files to customize and print using a professional printer.
Now, we have developed CresPrint—a simple-to-use online program that empowers you to easily customize print marketing materials on your schedule, within your budget. It is fast, easy, flexible and mobile, because it is online! We will be formally launching CresPrint by the end of the year. Upload your pictures, import your logo and include your corporate colors. Export a PDF and print from your desktop printer or send the file to a professional CresPrinter. If you choose, upload a mailing list, and let the CresPrinter send it out for you. So simple, anyone can do it!
Crescendo is excited to release these GiftLegacy innovations for 2014, as we continue to seek new and creative ways to provide greater services to the entire field of philanthropy.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
The Best GiftLegacy Website Award was presented to the San Diego Zoo. Their planned giving website features a fresh, clean design with animal photos, a mission page, Heritage Guild page, social media tools, custom donor stories, branded donor presentations and more.
Congratulations also to World Vision and the Henry Ford Museum who received Honorable Mention in the website category.
The Best GiftLegacy Literature Award was presented to the University of Michigan for their beautifully branded suite of marketing materials. Honorable Mention was awarded to the University of Texas, Arlington and the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
Congratulations to David Moore, Director of Planned Giving at Chapman University who received the coveted 2014 eMarketer of the Year Award. David has used Crescendo’s GiftLegacy tools and services since 2012. In 2013, Chapman booked over $100 million in planned gifts!
Lindsay Lapole was presented the 2014 GiftLeader Award for his outstanding leadership in Philanthropy as Chairman of the American Council on Gift annuities, Planned Giving Director for The Salvation Army Southern Territory, Gift Planning Consultant, and Chairman of the National Planned Giving Consultants of TSA.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
The majority of our Crescendo users attend a Comprehensive Seminar to gain expertise in using Crescendo software to its full potential. Don't miss out on the upcoming Comprehensive Seminar that will be held in our offices in Camarillo, CA on January 20-21. To sign up click here or call our office at 800-858-9154.
Thursday, June 19, 2014
To secure potential donors while away from the office, you need gift proposal software available to you wherever you are, whenever you need it. Introducing CresLite™ for gift plannning on-the-go—a simple, persuasive planned gift proposal software now on the Internet.
CresLite enables you to produce donor-friendly planned gift proposals that include personalized flow charts and color graphs, detailed technical explanations, gift documents and GiftLaw Pro charitable tax reference available online for fundraisers who are on-the-go.
To learn more or to request a trial click here.
Friday, April 11, 2014
Don’t miss Crescendo’s 11th Practical Planned Giving Conference (PPGC) on September 29-30 in San Diego at the beautiful Paradise Point Resort & Spa. Experience two full days of learning and 48 breakout sessions taught by leading speakers and fundraisers at the Industry’s largest user conference. This year’s conference theme is The Future is Bright with keynote speaker and planned giving expert Russell James who will pre-release to conference attendees his 20+ year national study tracking charitable estate plans for adults over the age of 50. Take advantage of Early Bird pricing – only $545 until June 30. Group rates for 3 or more (from the same organization) – $395! Register today at www.Practicalpgc.com.
Monday, March 31, 2014
On April 1, 1984, Crescendo commenced service to the gift planning community. As we complete our 30th year, a heartfelt thanks to all from Ardis and Charles Schultz and Kristen and Chris Jaarda. It is a great privilege to partner with you who educate, encourage and lift up those in need. You can join in the celebration by sharing a story about Crescendo and your success to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be posting your stories on Facebook.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Did you know that last year more than 15% of visitors accessed planned giving websites using mobile devices? This is an increase of 72% compared to 2012! Donors are increasingly using mobile devices to access information about planned gifts. Crescendo provides nonprofits both a planned giving website and a mobile website. Your donors will be able to access your website whenever, wherever and with whatever device they choose. Contact one of our Multichannel Marketing Specialists to learn how you can increase your online presence.